Supplies: Pattern Paper – Fancy Pants (Road Show,) Bow – Hug Snug Seam Binding, Glimmer Mist – Tattered Angels, Ribbon – Fancy Pants (Road Show,) Die template – Spellbinders, Chipboard – Tattered Angels, Sparkler – Webster’s Pages, Pins – Maya Road, Ink – Clearsnap
Hi friends! I had a few emails with questions about the bow I did on my last project so I promised to do a tutorial and here it is! I’m sure there is a few different ways to do this but this is my version. ; )
1) Cut the desired amount of seam binding (I would suggest using Hug Snug.)
2) Decide what color scheme you want to make it and choose your glimmer mist. You can do a solid color like I did with the green bow or use several colors together.
3) Mist seam binding with about 6 or 7 squirts depending on how dark you want it.
4) Here’s where it gets messy ; ) Using your hand, squeeze the seam binding in your had a few times.
5) To add an even more distressed look, poor a darker color glimmer mist in a little puddle (preferably on a craft mat) and dip a few edges of the binding into the darker color glimmer mist. *tip* I didn’t do this on my previous green bow because there wasn’t a lot of distressing on that card. I like to do this on my projects that I’ve inked up and distressed a lot.
6) Scrunch seam binding into ball and stick in zip lock bag for a few hours or over night.
7) To create bow, tie two individual bows. Don’t worry about the length on the bottom. I like to leave extra so I can cut off what I want after it’s adhered to project.
8) Layer one bow on top of the other using glue dot. I often create one extra loop to stick in the middle on the top to make it a bit more full with still only four strands hanging down.
9) Add a button or pearl to the center and you are ready to embellish!
Hope this helped! I’m so sorry that I’ve not posted my RAK winner or this tutorial earlier. My Canon Rebel has been giving me so much trouble. I think I’m going to need to send it in for sure. So, I added a bit to the RAK and here is what it consists of: Fiskars Rain Dots, 2 packs of Glitz frosting, Doodlebug Design Braddies, TaDa Stamp, Nikki Sivils Cord Brads.
I want to thank you all for the amazing comments on the Orange Blog Hop. I so appreciate each and everyone one of them. I hope you were able to find some great inspiration as you went a long. Alright…..on to the winner!!! Random Generator choose….
Here are your random numbers:
52Timestamp: 2010-09-15 17:21:48 UTC
Congrats Patti #3651! Please send my your addy and I will get this out to you right away!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Blessings on your day!