Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall Inspiration

We took a walk to the mailbox yesterday and at the last second I decided to grab my camera.  I love the early evening lighting that we get during the fall.
Ashley on walk edited

In this photo, I have blown out the horizon but just beyond the tips of the trees we can see the ocean when come to our mailbox. It makes the small, little walk so rewarding!
Also made these yesterday.  Must. stop. eating. them. LOL Seriously, these are the most delicious cookies evah! Something about the fall also makes me want to bake!
cookies
I actually made them to take to the teachers at the school.  I am good friends with a lot of them and I know that a little ‘pick me up’ can be nice during the first full week back to school.  I also decided to whip together a quick thank you card for them just to show my appreciation for all they do. 
cookies 2
Supplies:  Cardstock – Bazzill, Papertrey Ink; Pattern Paper – Creative Imaginations; Stamp – Gina K Designs; Die template – SpellbindersPaper Arts (Labels Fourteen); Nestabling – Want2Scrap

This is the photo and inspiration that I got off Pinterest.  I got the recipe off of Kirbie’s Cravings blog.
Nutella chocolate chip cookies (adapted from JustJenn)
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (melted)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup Nutella
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a separate bowl cream the butter,  sugar and the brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
4. Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined. Then add in the nutella and mix until Nutella is incorporated.
5. Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop large tablespoons of dough and drop onto baking sheets. I usually shape my dough balls so that they are smooth and flatten them a little, to make the cookies bake prettier.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.  Remove cookies from try and let them cool on wire racks.
Mmmmmm….nothing like the smell of fresh baked cookies! 
I guess you could say I am trying to embrace the season even though I’m having a hard time letting go of summer.  I’ve done a few ‘fall’ posts for the Spellbinders Paper Arts blog as well.
mini album
Supplies listed on Spellbinders Paper Arts blog.
These spray painted soda bottles were inspired from a photo off Pinterest as well.  I love pinterest!  Can you tell?
bottles

bottle collage
So, how about you?  Have you got your fall décor out yet?  I haven’t pulled out my personal stash yet. I’m getting anxious too though!
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

OMGOSH! Stop showing those yummy moist cookies!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! Great picture :0) Love that thank you card - just beautiful. Have a great weekend, Julie! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails