Friday, August 2, 2013

Hello...


Hello!  I've been anxious to share this technique that I tried out that I haven't used a whole lot but it was super fun and now I might just be hooked!  I started but cutting out some canvas using Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges.  Then I chose my stamp set which was GinaK Designs Wild Flowers (LOVE this set!)  I painted my stamps and stamped it right onto the fabric canvas.  To get a layered look, I stamped it a second time in a lighter color.  Then I stamped my sentiment and cut it out with Spellbinders Labels Thirty-Three.  This is the sweetest lil' label ever.  I think it's a new fav.  A few foam dots to adhere the sentiment and I was done!  My own mini canvas in card form.

Not sure how we hit August but I'm okay with it because that means only FIVE more days until I leave to Arizona for my Spellbinders retreat!!  I am beyond excited!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Great idea Julie!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a fun technique and it looks amazing on your card! Have fun on your Spellbinders Retreat! I am sure it will be amazing!!!!

Sandy #1781 said...

Really cute Julie and we're trying to get all the monsoon rains out of our system before you get here. It'll be hot outside and cold inside.

Seth said...

Love the look of this on the canvas. It provides such a great texture.

Melanie said...

That turned out beautiful, Julie! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Melanie said...

This is beautiful, Julie. Thanks for sharing! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails