Friday, March 2, 2012

A Couple of Cards and a Cutie!

 

 I really wanted to share a card just for fun that was inspired by pinterest.  My second card comes with an announcement!  So, JustRite Stampers released this very cool stamp set called Just Keep Calm.  Can I tell you how much I seriously love this set!  It totally cracks me up!  If you've not been on pinterest or if you've never seen those posters that originated in London during the war, then you might not get it.  But it's so funny.  There are a ton of 'keep calm' spoofs on Pinterest.  A ton!  They're hilarious!  And now I have them in the form of a stamp set...yeah!  Love to send a card to someone just to make them chuckle and give them a smile for the day. 
  

Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Echo Park Pattern Paper, Gina K Designs stamp; Spellbinders Die Templates; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Ink

And this card was so fun to make and very exciting to me because it comes with a big announcement!  Page Maps has come out with another die template set for this month.  OH!  It is one of my very favorites of them all!  It is called Labels and Tags.  You can see the entire set on the Spellbinders Blog.


See this cutie?  Yeah...that's my boy!  We have another artist in the family!  I'm so proud of him!  He an art show last night and he had big poster of art.  This piece was inspired by an artist named Greorgia O'Keefe.  Her painting was called the Red Rose.  She did a lot of close ups of flowers and that's what this one that my son did.  So, they were supposed to decorate their poster with something that would go with their art.  Look what he made all on his  own...totally his idea!  Those are Spellbinder Cut Tuck and Fold die templates peeking around the corner (Floral Burst!)  Oh....how I seep into the lives of my family.  LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by blog and letting me share a little bit of me!  You blog friends mean so much to me!  I have a few very exciting announcements coming up that I am just giddy about!  Biting my tongue for now!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all I love both the cards. Your range is amazing! You can do CAS and more detailed cards that are equally gorgeous. A budding artist for sure! Send congrats on that wonderful achievement to your little man :)
Hugs
Kazan

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Beautiful cards. You have such a sense of style and elegance. I love visiting your blog to see what you have created next. Congratulations on your sons art showing. I really liked his poster. Artistic abilities run in the family!

Valerie said...

Wow I didn't know you had a budding artist son! Such a good picture of him too. Can't wait for your announcements!

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails