Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mistin' and Lovin It!

Recently I was cutting out bunches of doily dies from pattern paper.  I was using wax paper in between the die and the paper because of the fine detail in the die.  It ended up that I had a scrap pile of pretty wax doilies that I just couldn't throw away! So, I decided to use them as masks for the misting I did on this layout of my sweet, darlin' daughter.


I wanted to pull out the vibrant greens and pinks in the gorgeous Splendor, Posies pattern paper.  


First I layed down the doily at the top of my cardstock so that only half of it was actually on the paper.  Then I sprayed it with glimmer mist.


Then I did the same to the side of my paper.  After spraying it with green I removed the used doily and layed down a 'clean' one slightly over top of the masked image.  This time I used pink to spray over it.  


After it was dry, I cut out a large circle and banners from pattern paper and adhere them to the layout.  I sewed on a few more strips and cut out some die cuts for embellishements.  I also adhered a bit of trim to soften the page up just a bit.  


 Tip ~ When spraying on to a wax paper mask, spray straight down so that none of the glimmer mist seeps under it when you spray.  And....cover your table well or use a box!


Creating masks from die cuts can give you endless designs.  I hope you get to try it soon!

Supplies: Posies (1683) - Splendor, Candytuft (1676) - Splendor, Labels and Tags (1679) - Splendor, Pink Flora (1682) - Splendor
Other: Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels, Alphabets - American Crafts, Bling - Want2Scrap; Die Templates -  Spellbinders

Julie Overby GCD Studios DT, 2012 GCD Studios Layout Gal


7 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Really beautiful layout, Julie! Love the photo and love the papers and colors, and those masked doily patterns are fabulous!

Danielle Champagne said...

Wonderful Julie, pretty papers and colors. and love that idea of using wax paper as mask! thank you.

Valerie said...

Great idea and your layout turned out beautiful. Love that doily die!

christi said...

cute idea. tfs.

Debbie said...

Wonderful idea...I usually throw mine out!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very pretty! Love your detailed instructions...might give it a try! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

xanax 2mg xanax 2mg xr - generic xanax names

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails