Sunday, January 17, 2010

My heart…

 

0509 JO lo six

Supplies:  Spellbinders™  S4-207 Kaleidoscope Pendant; S4-216 Kaleidoscope Border; S4-014 Timeless Heritage; S4-202 Large Deckled Rectangles, Pattern paper – Collage Press, Stickers – Creative Imaginations, Clearsnap, Colorbox Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Ink and Smooch Moonlight Pearlized Accent Ink; Creative Impressions, Black Leave Ribbon and Red Ric Rac; Core'dinations, Super Assortment Red Cardstock; 7gypsies, Measurement Brown Gaffer Tape

My heart…. is bursting at the seams!!  This sweeter than ever lil’ girl, surprised me this morning.  Ya see,  her Mama is one of my very, very dear friends and they moved away about 6 months ago.  This morning, before church started, I turned around and there she was giving me a big hug!  My heart melted!  I was so excited to see them and I look forward to visiting them in their new home in Portland on my way to CHA.  

This is one of the layouts I created for Spellbinders™ before CHA Summer.  It still makes me smile when I see it! 

My heart…. is also bursting with joy because of what I experienced this Sunday and last and many, many other days.  God is so good and He is so faithful.  I’m just amazed at the people who come through the doors of the church who are hurting and broken.  There is nothing quite like watching as Jesus pours His love out on them and reaches His hand out to pick up all the broken pieces.  There are countless miracles happening, big and small and my heart is just full as I experience the goodness of God. 

My heart… is also heavy for the people of Haiti.  It may seem strange to talk about God’s goodness in time of such disaster.  My heart just aches for the families and victims of such a terrible storm.  The miracle is that God’s goodness is still evident in times like these.  Through prayer, lives are spared and people are found.  I believe with all my heart that God is bringing a peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7) to many people who have suffered through this.  And my prayer is that He would continue to comfort them in the very difficult weeks and months ahead of them.  There is no way for us to understand the kind of suffering that is going on.  But, HE understands and He can and will bring good out of this. 

It also amazes me how God works through these situations to touch others who have not even been directly involved.  In other words, there could be someone who was ‘stuck’ in their own stuff.  Perhaps a feeling of being on a plateau.  Then something like an urgent circumstance like ‘Haiti’ comes up and they feel compelled to help by going, or giving financially or being a friend to someone who lost a love one.  This unselfish act can pick them right out of that stuck place as they reach out in love.  That’s how our God works and I’m so touched by it.  I’m touched by the many people coming together around the world to reach out to this country in need. 

As the days go on, I’m hearing of more and more ways that you can help in the way of giving.  One way that I thought seemed affective was by texting the word ‘Haiti’ to 90999.  Then $10 would be charged to your next phone bill and the funds would be given to the American Red Cross Relieve fund.  I like this way because it’s an amount that a lot of people could manage and it was easy to figure out how to do it.  To read more about it, click here

Of course there will a lot of people who will want to give more and will want to see the money reach Haiti at a much more rapid pace.  I’m sure that if you googled it you would find a lot of options. 

If for some reason, you are not apart of an organization or do not have an organization that you know of to give to, I’d like to give you a resource.  The Foursquare Church has organized a Disaster Relief Fund that you can find clicking here, where %100 of your giving will go to Haiti. 

In all of this, let us give thanks for the great and free country in which we are so blessed to live in. 

My heart… is also full of gratitude for all of you, my friends and family and faithful blog readers.  I so appreciate all the sweet comments and support you have given me. 

Blessings on you this Sunday!

3 comments:

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Very Cool Julie :)
I really like how you have laid everything out.I don't know why I am always thinking in squares :[]

Audrey Pettit said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirational message with us, Julie!

Tona said...

Love all the layers on this layout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails