Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gorgeous Lace Hearts

Hi friends!  I hope your week is going well.  I'm excited to let you know that today I am Guest Designer over on the Spellbinders Blog.  One of the dies I am highlighting is this gorgeous Lace Hearts.  I love it because there are actually several pieces to the set and they are all interchangeable so you can get a different look over and over again.  This combination is my favorite because it looks so much like a doily to me!


Supplies: Die - Spellbinders S5-204; Stamp - JustRite - Hugs and Kisses Sentiments; Pearls - KaiserCrafts; Cardstock - Bazzill; Pattern Paper - Authentique Flourish (Cheer); Lace - Jolee's


I was working at our lss today and I realized that I hadn't yet made a store sample with this beautiful die so I made one on the spot.  Three customers who just saw it action decided they needed to snatch it up!

To create the blue heart background, I just traced around the Heart 1 inset and cut it out by hand.  Then I glued it behind the white heart.  I didn't have many other dies on hand so I just stamped my sentiment and hand cut a banner.  The line of paper from Authentique was another source of inspiration for me.  I love all the rich colored roses.  I love roses period!  But there is something about pink and teal together.  I also really love red and teal together for Valentine's day.  hmmmmm......Okay...so anyway, a bit of lace and pearls is all you need to finish off this Valentine's Day card!

Hope you've been inspired!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty Julie!!
Kim Hpuke

robinann17 said...

What a beautiful Valentine card - gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous design and a Valentine with Turquoise!!!
Thank you for sharing!
Kay

Marianne B in AZ said...

Julie,I am very inspired! I love the look of the lacy heart, but seeing it on your card is what inspires me!

Marianne B in AZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails