Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Christmas cards!!

Will you be making your own Christmas cards this year?  I’ve come to the realization that I really could make my own cards if I keep them simple.  I had some left over pieces from my previous Mint Motif card so I decided to whip up a quick one with what I had left over.  Now, most of you know that I have an extreme love for pattern paper so I decided to challenge myself to create this card with no pattern paper.  Honestly, once you see these stamps (revealed on Oct. 14th) you will realize that you don’t even need pattern paper.  This is so beyond my comfort zone but I was inspired by all the amazing cards Kimberly came up with on her blog.  

May His Love Surround You Supplies: Stamps - Mint Motif (Beyond Borders, Very Merry Sentiments available Oct. 14th exlusively at iheartpapers.com);  Cardstock – Papertrey Ink, Bazzil; Die Template – Spellbinders Labels Four, Ink – Ranger Distress Ink, Markers – Copic (Sketch R29 Lipstick Red, Sketch YG63 Pea Green)

I’m so glad you came for a visit!  Check back on the 14th for some major release and blog hop action!!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Lovely sentiment. Anxious to see the new line.

Marianne B in AZ said...

You did a great job out of your comfort zone! Thank you for sharing your card with us!

Leigh Penner said...

Great card! You could totally make your own cards, Julie!
Personally, though, I always use a family photo & add a sentiment to it digitally. Then I print them out as 4x6 photos (to keep costs, down.) And I'm pretty excited because I got a great photo on the weekend that I'll be using!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails