Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Gaining Perspective.

Happy New Years!! New Years always seems like a time of reflecting, but for me, this is just simply the first opportunity I had to blog since Christmas. This life altering past week has caused me to do some reflecting. We had a great Christmas together, the five of us, and I can't wait to post some photos about it. But, right after Christmas when the family was supposed to be coming down, we got a call from my Mother-in-law informing me that Arte's Dad wasn't well enough for a visit. I could sense in her voice that she needed us there. We packed and a few hours later we were in Portland. Being there and realizing that things are mostly likely going to be changing quite a bit got me thinking a lot. What really does matter most? Not the clean house, not the folded laundry, not the 2007 album that I promised myself I'd finish. Embracing the moment is what matters. Holding on to what you have now, and appreciating it.

I did recently did a layout and after blogging all this, I'm thinking I should have titled it Embracing the moment!! Maybe for the next one. This is a special layout with a lot of meaning behind it. I only wish I could have taken a better picture of it if we had of gotten home in time.
I think tomorrow after I unpack, I will FINALLY get my Piggy Tale Hide-n-Seek book uploaded.
Needless to say, our New Years Eve involved driving home which to many may seem uneventful. To us, being together and talking about how this past week has really changed our lives, made it the best New Years ever.

1 comment:

erin said...

i love your layout, julie, and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

blessings,
erin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails