SPELLBINDERS BIG EVENT!!
July 13-20, 2010
Welcome to the first day of the Spellbinders Paper Arts BIG Event!
The BIG Event is Spellbinders™ Paper Arts’ way of introducing some really exciting new products! This season’s BIG Event is from July 13-20, incorporating 16 fabulous Designers, and you could win BIG!
· Win today’s new die templates!
· Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day from each blog!
· You may enter once from each blog on the designated days!
· Each contest is open for 48 hours to enter the contest!
· You have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time July 14, 2010 to enter my contest. Be sure to read the Official Rules before entering so that your entry will be valid!
These are the Designers and their contest dates:
- Julie Overby (that’s me!)
Daily contest winners are randomly chosen from valid entries, as stated in the Official Rules. The winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the contest’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
Entrants that send valid contest entry emails to each of the contests will be automatically considered for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $700, and includes Spellbinders CHA Summer 2010 release die templates, Spellbinders CHA Summer 2010 release punch templates and a Presto Punch™ machine!
Thank you, Spellbinders Paper Arts, for sponsoring this contest!
I’m thrilled to share
2010 Heirloom Ornament
Here are some instructions on how you can use these Nestabilities® to create some of your own homemade ornaments.
1) Use gold foil cardstock to cut and emboss S4- 283 2010 Heirloom Ornament #5 (#1 is the smallest.)
2) Using the S4-244 Fair Isle Borderabilities® Petite die template, emboss image across all three gold ornaments.
3) Center a S4-248 Labels Thirteen die template (#3)over the foil and the flip it so the cut side is facing up. (I have it shown facing down so you can see where to center it and place a tiny piece of tape to be sure it stays in the right spot when I flip it over.
4) Cut and emboss a #4 2010 Heirloom Ornament out of pattern paper three times.
5) Once again, center S4-248 Labels Thirteen #3 on the pattern paper, and after lining it up, cut and emboss it.
6) After inking all the die templates, layer them on the gold foil ornaments and adhere trim to the edge of window.
7) Adhere photos to back of window.
8) Using liquid adhesive, glue the edges of the foil die templates together.
9) Sew a piece of thread through the top and add bow, buttons and tinsel to embellish.
Supplies: Spellbinders W-001 Wizard Embossing and Die Cutting System; S4-283 2010 Heirloom Ornament, S4-244 Fair Isle Borderabilities Petite, S4-248 Labels Thirteen; Metallic Gold Foil Cardstock – World Win; Pattern Paper – Collage Press; Ink – ClearSnap (Colorbox – Chestnut Roan;) Pins – Maya Road; Tinsel – Webster’s Pages; Adhesive, Ribbon – MemreMare’s Shop; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVE by 3L (Foam Dots,) Zip Dry Liquid Adhesive
I also have a card that I created using the S4 – 283 2010 Heirloom Ornament and metallic gold foil paper. In just a few days, I will be sharing some more step shots on how I created this Merry Christmas card.
Supplies: Spellbinders W-001 Wizard Embossing and Die Cutting System; S4-283 2010 Heirloom Ornament; S3- 149 Double Ended Tags; Cardstock – World Win; Red Gem – Creative Impressions; Pattern Paper – My Mind’s Eye (Lush;) Rhinestones – KaiserCraft
This is the Spellbinders product I introduced:
S4-283 2010 Heirloom Ornament
MSRP is $24.99
1: 5/8 x 7/8"
2: 1 1/4 x 1 3/4"
3: 2 1/8 x 2 7/8"
4: 2 7/8 x 4"
5: 3 3/4 x 5 1/8"
For the official Spellbinders Paper Arts BIG Event rules, click here.
(Contest is open for entries from July 13th to 11:59 p.m. EST July 14.)
******this contest is now closed*******
Unfortunately your comment does not count towards a contest entry, so be sure to enter and then leave a comment!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
Thank you for visiting my blog and good luck!!