Friday, August 6, 2010

Echo Park and Large Format Die Templates

Friendship

Supplies:  Spellbinders™ Grand Scalloped Squares, Grand Classic Squares, Labels Fourteen, Pattern Paper – Echo Park, Buttons – American Crafts, Ribbon – Papertrey Ink, Stamp – Gina K Designs

Have you heard of Echo Park?  It’s a great new paper company that makes bright, whimsical designs.  I used my new Large Format die templates from Spellbinders to create the base of the card and the orange square.  Then I lined up layers of pattern paper and blued them all together on the green paper and ran it through with my Large Format Classic Square.  That way, the embossing is all the way around the edges (hard to see in the photo!)  It’s a similar technique that I used in creating my ornament card that I posted a few posts back. 

It’s been dark and rainy ever since we got home.  I’ve such a hard time taking good photos of my projects.  I need to get new bulbs and pull out my light box that I use in the winter! 

Toodles!

6 comments:

Amy Harle said...

Beautiful card, Julie - I love the idea of a large format die cutter!!!

ellen s. said...

this is the sweetest card! love the colors and i love that paper!!!

i cannot believe you had a friend on wipeout! i hope i DVR'ed that one to find him :)

Murphy's Law said...

what a sweet card.

Leah l'Orange said...

ooohhh, LOVE what those big dies do! the shape is fabby, and the fact that they emboss too is just PERFECT! i'm totally diggin' on your super happy card! these new EP lines are just so much fun!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Love those big dies!!!

Marla said...

Wonderful card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails