Friday, November 6, 2009

Every day is precious.

I was reminded of this yesterday when I received this shocking news about a friend and young family in our church. This is the news we heard:

Last night Kasey Deckard was hit head-on by a drunk driver in South Beach. He was seriously injured and life-flighted to Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland. He was listed in critical condition this morning with both legs broken, one arm broken, a broken pelvis, major internal injuries and a ruptured spleen. He went in for surgery this morning, and our latest information is that he has been stabilized and it looks as if he will survive. Please be praying for the Lord's continued healing of Casey, wisdom and guidance for the doctors and medical staff, comfort and encouragement for his wife, Kelley, and a deep sense of God's loving care over them all.

My heart aches for this family. I know and believe that God will give them the strength to make it through this. Please pray with me for this family.

Thank you so much.

5 comments:

Laura C said...

That is so hard. We had a friend of the family who was in an accident last night involving a drunk driver t-boning her car. Thankfully the children weren't in the car with her. She is injured but will survive. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you Julie for your envelope and yes I LOVE the nesties. Hmmm, a new mission to find these.

a dash of scraps said...

praying for Casey and his precious family! hug your kids tight,
<3 dl

Karen said...

My prayers are certainly with them Julie.

Sasha Holloway said...

WOW .. my Aunt-In Law was killed she was hit head on .. and this just brought back so many memories of that night

prayers to Casey and his family

Jill said...

This is so sad. I am hoping beyond hope that he is a fighter. I will pray for him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails