Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's handmade!

Handmade gifts can be so special and appreciated. I think I'll be putting together a few of those this year. I created an ornament yesterday from some Webster's Pages paper and chipboard.


















The next holiday crafted item I wanted to share was created using my Spellbinders™ supplies and Melissa Frances Papers.

Recognize this lil' guy? I have to say, this place card idea using the clip is a direct 'lift' from my fellow Spellbinders™ Design Team member, Christy Farneth Kerr She had created the most adorable ones when we went on or Design Retreat back in April. I decided to apply the same concept for a Thanksgiving setting and created my own napkin ring to go with it.


















Supplies: Dies – Spellbinders™ Paper Arts: Standard Circles LG (S4-114), Classic Scalloped Circles LG (S4-124), Flower Creations (S4-072)Pattern Paper – Melissa Francis, Cardstock – American Crafts, Stickers – Pink Paislee, Clip – Staples, Bling – Creative Impressions

If you want some serious table setting inspiration you should check out this video that is on the Teri O. show. Karen Taylor, another friend and fellow Spellbinder™ DT member created this design. Unbelievable!!!!!!!

http://www.terriocraftprojects.com/download_archive1.php?aid=167

Okay, now I have to share a bit of sweet, family happenings. It's the cutest thing. Last night when I was tucking in the girls, they asked if they could wake up in the morning and take a shower. Then they wanted to get all dressed up 'lovely,' do their hair and get some jewelry on. Then they wanted to go on a date to someone special. I said with 'who?' LOL So, they are off on a special date right now with their Daddy. I tried to explain to them that this is the first day in...FOREVER that we didn't have to rush off to school, soccer, church...ect. And they could just relax in the morning and maybe go at...lunch time?? Nope. They were showered, dolled up and ready to go before 7:45!!! My girls are growin' up. YIKES!

Blessings on your weekend!

5 comments:

Atticelf said...

Love the way you used the binder clip!

Christine said...

Oooh! Love these projects, Julie! That Christmas ornament is beautiful (you know how I love all things "bling-y"!), and the place setting is lovely! What wonderful holiday projects!

Your daughters are so sweet! What a blessing to be able to enjoy them getting excited to be with their father...ours were the same (and still are very close) with their Dad. They always looked forward to their "Daddy dates" and it's something that they'll always remember doing with him. I hope your girls have lots of fun making memories together!

Have a blessed weekend, dear friend! :)

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Very cool Julie;)

Valerie said...

Well I liked your name place card idea, very fun. I am sure the picture of your ornament doesn't do it justic. Wish I could see it in real. Love those girls hope they had a great date with their dad. Is mom and son next?

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Julie your creations are really lovely !! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails