Wednesday, November 11, 2009

hello.























Supplies:
Pattern Paper - Webster's Pages, Hambly, Alphabet Stickers - American Crafts (Nutmeg,) Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angles, Crystals - Prima Marketing, Ink - Clearsnap (colorbox,) adhesive - zip dry, trim- misc.


Just wanted to share a fun card I made. I'm getting totally addicted to my glimmer mist! Wow, I love that stuff. Prima Marketing has come out with so many divine flowers, I thought I'd try and make some 'look alikes.' I didn't come up with this technique myself. I wish I remembered where I read about it. Somewhere blog hoppin'!

I'm waiting for a few boxes (from 3 different companies to be exact) and then crunch time will really happen! I'm hoping to get as much done before the holiday season as possible.

My sweet 2nd graders teacher came down with the swine flu yesterday. So, I'll be in her class this week. Just when I thought things might slow down a bit!! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be able to teach in my daughter's class. What a blessing! I just hope and pray he gets over it soon and that it hasn't spread to anyone else.

Although this doesn't quite look like a poppy on my card, I can't help but to remember today about growing up and receiving a 'Poppy' flower to pin on my shirt on Nov. 11th. That was the way we 'remembered' those who have served up in Canada. And we also drew a poster about the poem 'In Flanders Fields.' I'm still so grateful for the many soldiers who have fought and are fighting on our behalf.

God Bless all our faithful veterans!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Donna VW said...

I love the card - the flower turned out great. Any chance you will do a tutorial on that?

Tona said...

Love this card! So how did you make the flower?

JerilynnO said...

I love how you took the extra time to stitch your leaves. The flower is very unique. I've never seen this anywhere. I too put in a vote for a tutorial or a link to the instructions online if you remember where you learned it from. I hope you are reading our comments. Verrry nice card. I love the "Lumpy" cards. (cards with raised embellishments) A+++

Heidi Blankenship said...

Fantastic card Julie! I LOVE the flower!! I agree you should do a tutorial on the flowers! Love the vintage look of the card. Isn't Glimmer Mist just so much fun? I love it!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Wonderful card and I love that flower. I just watched a video on how to make them here -> http://courtbaker.blogspot.com/2009/10/2-videos-shopping-in-san-diego-and.html

I can't wait o try it.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

LOVE your card, Julie! I've been wanting to make some of those flowers. It's just perfect on here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails